The Irrigation Service Center hereafter calls ISC
ISC is a Cambodian local NGO, established and registered at the Ministry of Interior, in December 2011. This NGO is working to promote sound development of irrigation schemes in Cambodia, especially by working closely with FWUCs to operate and manage the irrigated infrastructure in a sustainable way.Nowadays, ISC has been supported and provided service to 12 FWUCs that all of these FWUCs cover on 23,000ha of cultivated area within 206 villages in different 8 provinces in Cambodia.
ISC VisionISC envisions a pool of professionals, with a practical experience of irrigation management issues, provides affordable and quality services to Farmer Water User Communities (FWUCs) and other Farmer Organizations (FOs).
ISC MissionSupport the collective management of FWUC and FO to ensure:
- the sustainable maintenance of irrigation schemes
- the efficient and fair sharing of water between users
- accountability and transparent financial management
- To develop and implement professional services adapted to the particular needs of FWUC and FO.
- To strengthen links between concerned institutions, donors, professionals and farmer organizations involved in the water sector.
- Ensure its services are affordable for Farmer Organizations; Beneficiaries shall pay for the service costs.
- Ensure the best quality of services possible and activities shall always be result oriented; Farmer Organizations shall evaluate activities and results;
- Give priority to community and collective benefits over individual ones;
- Promote respectful exchanges and equal relationships between all stakeholders whether farmers, technicians, engineers, any experts and civil servants;
- Ensure a high level of transparency regarding its internal management and promote transparent management within Farmer Organizations.